When my children were young I was always looking for ways to sneak extra vegetables into their diet. This Pumpkin and Ricotta Lasagna definitely ups the vegetable ante, delivering a healthy dose of beta-carotene, vitamin C and E. The sage and garlic add savory notes. This dish is sure to satisfy your comfort food cravings!
- 12 No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- ½ (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cups (16-ounces) whole-milk ricotta
- 1 egg
- ¾ cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped sage (or 1 teaspoons dried)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ (25.25-ounce) jar tomato basil pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, ricotta, egg, ½ cup of Pecorino cheese, garlic, sage, salt and pepper.
- Add enough tomato sauce to lightly cover the bottom a 9" x 13" baking dish. Layer 4 lasagna noodles. Cover noodles with ½ ricotta mixture, and ⅓ of the sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve topped with remaining Pecorino cheese.
recipe adapted from Love and Olive Oil